Over the years EPS has provided engineering and design services to 65 UK renewable energy projects since the introduction of the Feed-in-Tariff.
The professional technical services included conceptual design, assistance to connect to the distribution network, detailed design, earthing studies and transformer energisation studies to name a few. We can offer technical electrical support for your onshore and offshore wind turbines, hydro, tidal, solar and anaerobic digestion plant projects.
Specialist grid connection consultancy services:
- Renewable energy conceptual designs to integrate the renewable energy system into the existing building / manufacturing plants electrical system.
- Grid connection support for power generation systems for Low Voltage (415V), Medium Voltage (6.6kV and 11kV), High Voltage from 33kV up to 132kV grid connections.
- Grid connection application forms.
- Transformer energisation studies.
- Subsea cable specifications.
- Energy efficiency calculations.
- Feed in Tariff revenue calculations.
- Soil resistivity testing.
- Reactive and active power flow studies (kVAr and kW).
- Earthing solutions for substations and power generation equipment.
- Solution provider for onshore and offshore condition monitoring equipment.
Engineering & design:
Due to the high capital expenditure costs associated with renewable generation technology EPS can provide you with a cost effective electrical design for your installation. Typical documentation EPS has provided to previous renewable energy installations include:
- Substation and plant layout drawings.
- Electrical protection calculations for both LV and HV equipment.
- Substation lighting and small power supplies.
- Earthing and lightning conductor design.
- High Voltage and Low Voltage equipment specifications.
- Cable routing drawings.
- Cable calculations for both Low Voltage and High Voltage cable networks.
- Bill of Materials.
- Project capital cost estimates.
Using electrical engineering software such as SKM Power Tools, ETAP, ERACs, IPSA or DigSILENT our electrical engineers can provide you with a study report for your power system.
Whether it’s a power system study for the entire wind farm, solar farm, hydro electrical distribution system or a modification / addition to the electrical system EPS can provide you with the following technical services:
- Transformer energisation studies.
- Load flow analysis studies.
- Short circuit studies.
- Transient Motor Starting Studies.
- Harmonic analysis.
- Protection co-ordination.
- Arc Flash Assessments and switchgear risk assessments.
- Electrical thermal imaging survey reports.
- Attend meeting with the DNO (Distributed Network Operator), SSE, Scottish Hydro, Northern Powergrid, Western Power etc.
- Provide solutions to grid connection issues.
- Offshore and onshore surveys.
- Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Mechanical and electrical thermal imaging reports for wind turbine machinery, gearboxes, braking systems, generator, electrical equipment (onshore and offshore).
Whether your project is an offshore or onshore installation we have the expertise and experience to drive your project forward no matter how large or how small:
- Nacelle, tower, platform lighting or warning beacon.
- LV or HV grid connection (wind turbine, solar farm, hydro, anaerobic digestion plant, bio diesel).
- Auxiliary supplies to retrofit equipment.
- Grid connection of auxiliary loads.
- Onshore outdoor / indoor plant lighting and small power.
- HV and LV electrical protection co-ordination.
- Modification to existing electrical installations.
- Additional power generation plant to existing network.
- Reactive power compensation solutions.
- kW generation curtailment / control.
- Offshore wind turbine routine thermal imaging – gearboxes, generators, invertors.
- Wind turbine remote / condition monitoring.